- Should you be in breach of contract in any way, we will first contact you via email to try to resolve this and will not simply suspend or terminate your account (unless the breach is that you are violating our terms of service to the extent that we believe immediate action is required, eg. breaking the law or placing the server at risk)
- As soon as you reach 80% of your usage you will be notified by email to assist you in avoiding an overage and affording you the opportunity to make timeous arrangements for any unavoidable overage.
- Should you exceed bandwidth or usage, you will be contacted and given the opportunity to rectify this or purchase: a temporary or permanent upgrade; additional space / bandwidth at the prevailing advertised rate. We give very high allowances to begin with and there is very little likelihood of this occuring unless you are experiencing a large volume of downloads of large files on your site.
- We will never simply suspend or terminate an account for overusage without first attempting to contact and/or assist you in order to avoid suspension.
- Domains that we administer on your behalf will be registered and renewed in your name.
- Registration of domain names cannot be cancelled or altered once the order has been processed. Before ordering, please be certain that the name is the one you want, is spelled correctly and is with the correct extension.
- Hosting is month to month, unless it is pure email hosting (which is annual) or is specifically linked to a special package that includes a minimum hosting period. Should you sign up for such a package, the minimum hosting requirement will always be clearly displayed and not hidden away in fine print somewhere.
- Billing is automated and hosting is payable in advance, receivable by no later than the 1st of each month. We however allow for the time it takes for internet transfers to reflect. Accounts that do not have payments reflecting by the 4th of the month are taken not to have been paid by the due date.
- Where payment does not reflect in our account by the 4th and the client has not contacted us in this regard prior to the 4th, the account will be automatically suspended on the 5th with no warning.
- The onus is on the client to ensure that we receive payment or acceptable proof thereof before the 4th of each month.
- Payments due include the total amount of all invoices issued within the same month. This includes any amounts owing for domain name renewals or development work done for the client.
- The onus is on the client to check their most recent invoice to ensure that the correct and full amount due is being paid, referencing the current invoice number.
- The onus is on the client to ensure that payments are correctly referenced with only either a domain name or invoice number. If a payment is incorrectly referenced we may not be able to allocate it to your account, resulting in uneccessary suspension for non-payment.
- All prices include VAT.
Restricted Content and Scripts
In the interests of all our clients, we do not allow certain content, scripts and programmes to be hosted on our servers. This includes:
- Any illegal content or activity, including infringement of copyright, trademark, etc.
- Warez or any similar sites, including sites that promote or link to this type of site.
- Matt's formmail and any other programme or script which can cause a vulnerability.
- Anything that can allow a gateway to hackers, whether intentionally or through carelessness/negligence/ignorance. This includes installed software programmes that are not kept up to date with the latest security patches.
- Child pornography or anything that promotes, encourages or links to other sites that promote, encourage or display child pornography.
- Sites that in any way promote, incite or encourage hate, violence, terrorism, war or any other action that is considered by us to be against the overall interests of society. Linking to this sort of site is also not permitted.
- Outdated software: the onus is on the client at all times to ensure that all installations and scripts being used on their website are up to date.
Domain Registration & Pointing Restrictions
Domain registration and pointing is done in good faith. Should we however discover that any domain we have registered and pointed is being used in any activity recognised by the SAP, Interpol or any other similar Government agency as illegal, we reserve the right to immediately and without warning, act in the public interest and cease the pointing. This will be most strictly applied in all instances of fraudulent activity and online scams.
- Email spamming of any nature. Bulkmail may be sent out as long as it is double opt-in and limited to reasonable batches per hour.
- Link farms or ffa sites
- The use of any automatic or self-installing scripts that are triggered by a visit to a page on your website or by clicking on a link that does not specifically state that it will create an installation (and detail exactly and accurately what the installation is).
This doesn't include normal pop-ups/pop-unders or other innocuous (albeit irritating) scripts. It refers specifically to scripts that interfere with the free choice of your site users, eg. any scripts that may be considered to be malware: auto-dialers, browser hijackers, trackers, data-miners, etc.
- Your diskspace or bandwidth may not be resold. This includes any other aspect of your hosting package as well. If you are interested in a reseller account, please sign up for one of our anonymous reseller options available on our sister website.
- We offer no guarantees other than those clearly stated in the guarantee section/s of this site, or explicitly stated in any correspondence with you.
- We reserve the right to change any aspect of our terms of service at any time and will make every endeavour to notify clients of this via both email and our member centre.
- Every precaution has been taken to protect our servers. However, in the event of the bizarre, we accept no liability for loss of service or failure to provide service due to any act of war, civil unrest, violence, terrorism, third-party failure or any unforseeable act of God.
- Any uptime guarantees that we make do not include a downtime experienced due to any act of war, civil unrest, violence, terrorism, third-party failure or any unforseeable act of God.
- We accept no liability for any loss or damage that may be caused to your site or its ability to function, where this is caused by your addition to, removal or alteration of any content, software, programme or account component.
- We reserve the right to instantly terminate any account that is placing the server or the functioning of other client sites at risk.
- The liability of Web Inn is at all times limited to the amounts paid by you for any service that has given rise to the question of liability and is limited to the extent of our guarantees provided.
- Although we take every care, we do not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any items, graphics, pictures, etc. given to us for the creation of a website. Please make sure that you give us good quality copies and not originals.
Hosting contracts may be terminated by yourself with the giving of 1 calender month's notice in writing (email is fine). Notice must be given before the last day of the month to avoid incurring an additional months fee. All payments due up to the end of the notice period must also be made at the time that notice is given. All of your files and information will be kept on our servers until the end of the notice period to allow you sufficient time to transfer your site, provided that all payments due up to the end of the notice period have been made in full at the time of giving notice.
Should you require any assistance in moving your website, please let us know. While we do not assist with the transfer of files to another hosting company, we will assist wherever else we can to ensure a seamless transfer out. - We don't penalise clients for choosing someone else.
Email hosting can be cancelled at any time within the one year contract period. No notice is required. Failure to pay the annual renewal fee by the 4th of the month in which such payment is due, will simply result in termination of the account on the 5th of the same month.
Web Inn hereby reserves the right to terminate the services of any client for any reason. Where such termination is not due to an act of bad faith or abuse of Web Inn services by the client, due notice will be given to afford the client the opportunity to obtain alternative hosting services.
Accounts that have been paid in advance at a discounted rate and which are terminated by the client within that advance period, will be entitled to a refund which will be calculated as follows: - Total amount paid in advance, LESS the amount that would have been due for the period used if no discount had been applied, LESS the amount due for the required notice period of 1 calendar month.
Accounts that have been paid in advance at no discounted rate are entitled to a refund for any complete months that have been paid for but not used, after deduction of payment due for the required notice period of 1 calendar month.
No leniency that we may show in terms of any of the above at any time, will in any way or under any circumstances constitute a waiver of any of our rights to enforce any and all of our terms and conditions at any time in the future.